|Title:||Sales (Farmers Market Steward)|
|Travel:||More than 25%|
The Farmers Market Steward works on the front lines of Sitka Salmon Shares community development program, representing our Company at local farmers markets, events, and other local engagements. Through spirited salesmanship and a genuine passion for our brand, they cultivate community, tell our story, and drive growth by selling CSF shares and fish. In short, they are responsible for getting values-based seafood onto the plates of fish-lovers in their region through education, exceptional salesmanship, and genuine human connection.
Salmon Shares is currently looking for a "road warrior" to operate Saturday markets in Springfield, Urbana and Indianapolis. This position will require weekly travel from our Naperville hub to the aforementioned locations. Regular Friday night hotel stays may also be required.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Pick up and transport fish, kit, and supplies from hub.
- Commute to market or event, arriving prepared and on time.
- Set up market booth according to company standards.
- Independently operate booth in accordance with company Policies & Procedures.
- Educate customers on product, brand-values, and CSF share program.
- Engage and enroll customers into the CSF share program
- Sell fish by the pound, follow Square Register Procedures for all by-the-pound product sales.
- Collect emails for follow-up engagement.
- Tear down and neatly return fish and supplies to hub.
- Has experience in or passion for the conservation of wild spaces and the sustainability of food resources and production.
- Must have at least 1 year of in-field sales experience. Preference given to those with farmers market experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to connect and actively listen to people and their stories.
- Must be reliable, punctual, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to take direction effectively while working toward goals independently.
- Some form of a culinary background is a plus (i.e. home cook, epicurean, foodie)
- Some warehouse experience is a plus.