|Travel:||Less than 25%|
Sitka Salmon Shares' Private Chef will connect with members and non-members through the art of cooking and hosting dinners, a program called Wild Feasts. A qualified Private Chef will know and understand the world of local and small scale food production. Teach CSF members and non-members about the importance of knowing where your food comes from and how harvested it. The Private Chef will know their way around a kitchen and be able to create 4-5 courses from a flexible and semi-seasonal menu while working with the house host to entertain a group of 8-14 people. They will cultivate community, share the Sitka Salmon story, and drive growth by promoting CSF membership through education of our company and the importance of the CSF model. The Private Chef will know how to both entertain and actively listen in order to engage with guest's stories, all while preparing and cooking an incredible meal. The ultimate host!
Essential Duties Include:
Essential Duties Include:
- Organize ingredients and menu for the dinner.
- Utilizing partnerships with local CSA’s/farmers when available.
- Communicate professionally via email and phone with member host leading up to Wild Feast dinner.
- Pick up supplies from hub; fish and produce from FM/CSA partners.
- Commute to Wild Feast dinner at private homes, arriving prepared and on time. Up to two hours from MN hub.
- Set up a small marketing display in-home with a Wild Feast Marketing Kit according to MN program standards.
- Work with member host to entertain guests and serve dinner.
- Prep and cook 4-5 courses for 8-14 people working with host 2 apps, 2-3 main dishes, and 1 dessert
- Educate dinner guests on Sitka Salmon Shares product, brand-values, and share program.
- Set up A/V and lead 15 min Q&A with fisherman via live streaming.
- Work with MN Director to discuss menu, logistics and ever-changing dinner format specifics according to the home and host.
- Engage and enroll interested customers into the CSF share program using iPad and website enrollment platform.
- Clean and pack SSS kitchen equipment for return back to Hub and leave prepped for the next dinner.
- Minimum 10 years cooking experience, professionally or semi- professionally (highly experienced in-home cook or recipe developer is acceptable)
- Has experience or passion for the conservation of wild spaces and the sustainability of food resources.
- Must have some in-field sales experience and brand promotion.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to connect to people and their stories.
- Be able to commit to a part time position on 1-2 Fridays per month; with more possible work available based on performance and personal preference.
- Have experience or demonstrated potential to be reliable, punctual, detail-oriented and possess the ability to take direction effectively while working towards goals independently.
- Some personal Alaskan experience is a big plus.